BORROWER RESOURCESFIRST TIME BORROWERS
- Loan Entrance Counseling - All federal student loan borrowers must complete loan entrance counseling when they borrow their first loan.
- Direct Loan MPN - All federal student loan borrowers must complete a Federal Direct Stafford Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Loan Exit Counseling - All federal student loan borrowers must complete loan exit counseling when they leave school or drop below half-time enrollment status.
- National Student Loan Data System for Students (ed.gov) - Look up your federal student loan history at the U.S. Department of Education student loan database.
WHAT ABOUT MY PRIVATE LOANS?
- Private Loans - For any information about your private educational loans, please contact your lender.
- Student Borrower Checklist
- Grace Period Ending, Now What?
- Repayment Calculators - Calculate your estimated repayment amount under each of the different plans.
- Loan Repayment Calculator - an interactive tool that allows you to estimate your monthly loan payments when you leave school.
- Repayment Plans
- Managing Repayment
WHAT TO DO IF I CANNOT AFFORD MY PAYMENTS?
- Forgiveness, Cancellation and Discharge
- Loan Forgiveness for Public Service Employees - Loan forgiveness after you have made 120 payments on federal loans under certain repayment plans while employed full time by certain public service employers. Employees are nonprofit organizations may also be eligible; see click here for details.
- Cancellation/Deferment Options for Teachers - If you're a teacher serving in a low-income or subject-matter shortage area, it might be possible for you to cancel or defer your student loans.
- Teach for America - You can use the education award toward repayment of qualified student loans, teacher training and certification, future graduate school costs.
- Americorps - Pay back qualified student loans or earn education award to pay for college.
- Peace Corps - Options for possible deferment or partial cancellation of student loans.
- Federal Student Aid Ombudsman - Helps resolve disputes and solve other problems with federal student loans.
- Student Loan Borrower Assistance Project - A resource for borrowers, their families, and advocates representing student loan borrowers.
Last modified: Monday, 30 August 2021, 3:35 PM